meshmarketing: New Format, New Location, Great Speakers
So here we are with the fourth edition of meshmarketing, which happens on Nov. 7.
We’ve made a number of changes that we’re really excited about. This includes the move to a new venue (the Toronto Reference Library’s Bram & Bluma Appel Salon), a new format (single-stream) and lower prices (early-bird tickets start at $249), which will make meshmarketing more accessible to more people.
What hasn’t changed is our commitment having top-notch speakers who can deliver real-world experience and insight to people looking on new or different ways to do digital marketing. These are people who are in the trenches, tackling new opportunities and issues, and building businesses.
This year’s lineup features three keynote speakers:
– Lee Odden, the author of a recently published book, Optimize, a leading digital marketer and the CEO of TopRank Online Marketing, which provides a mix of online marketing expertise including search engine and social media marketing, business blog consulting and online PR.
– Kristina Halvorson, widely recognized as one of the leading voices in content strategy. She is the author of Content Strategy for the Web and the founder of the popular Confab conference. Her agency, Brain Traffic serves clients such as Hewlett Packard, Coca-Cola, Merck, Amadeus, Best Buy, and Carnegie Mellon University.
– David Usher, a Juno Award-winning musician who has bridged the artistic and social worlds. This include the creation of Arts And Icons, a creativity lab that brings together, designers, artists, hackers and programmers to develop new and interesting projects.
We’ve also have a great lineup of panels:
– A case study featuring Mars’ award-winning “Find Red” campaign that successfully integrated online and off-line campaigns to engage consumers.
– A look at Canada’s e-commerce marketplace, focusing on how marketers can encourage consumers to shop locally. The panelists include Wehuns Tan and Hicham Ratnani.
– The exploration of how brands and marketers can leverage the fast-growing mobile marketplace – be it m-commerce, search, location-based searches, advertising or content. The speakers include Jason Chaney, Jennifer Lum and Naeem Lakhani.
– How to drive discovery-ability on the Web, which is a look at not only search but different things brands can do capture the attention of consumers. We’re happy to have The Search Agency’s Jason Sikora and Unbounce.com’s Carlos Del Rio.
As we mentioned, early-bird tickets start at $249 but they’re only available until Sept. 21. There are also a handful of student tickets for a bargain-basement price of $49.